568 SOFIA Inovonics
SiteStreamers also deliver important RF and audio signal measurements and dispatch email or text-message alarms for out-of-limits conditions and other reception errors.
- Install the SiteStreamer within the reception contour of your station and monitor off-air analog FM or HD Radio signals (HD1-HD8) via the Web from anywhere in the world.
- The built-in BandScanner displays a spectrum plot of the entire FM band (or a user-selected portion) and identifies HD Radio transmissions.
- Gives local and remote readout of all pertinent FM/RDS and HD/PAD data.
- Easy front-panel setup uses jog-wheel menu navigation and the front-panel readout. The corresponding Web interface offers a detailed presentation and additional options.
- Stays on-channel and on-mode through signal and power loss; does not auto-blend between FM and HD like a consumer radio.
- Front-panel alarms and/or rear-panel ‘tallies’ indicate Audio Loss, Low Signal, RDS Errors and HD Reception Loss.
- ‘Split Mode’ audio monitoring aids transmission diversity delay setup.
- When issued, free firmware updates are easily installed in the field or remotely through the Web interface.
- The half-rack package features an OLED hi-res graphic display, wide-range LED level meters and individual alarm LEDs with rear-panel tallies.
- Real-Time Clock has battery backup.
- SNMP utility is fully supported.
- GPOs may be user-assigned to specific alarm functions.
- Fulltime off-air program audio is available simultaneously as L/R-analog, AES3-digital and Dante®-based AES67 AoIP streaming, all with adjustable levels, plus a multi-listener Internet IP stream and front-panel headphone jack.
- The SOFIA 568 Internet-listening stream supports up to 10 listeners at once.
- Enhanced alarm logging includes the duration of each alarm, and there is virtually no limit to the number of alarms that can be logged.
- Download a complete log randomly, or automatically daily, weekly or monthly.
87.5MHz to 107.9MHz in 100kHz steps.
10dBµV required for 50dB mono-FM S/N.
FM: ±1dB, 30Hz – 15kHz; de-emphasis is programmable at 75µs or 50µs or OFF.
HD Radio™: ±0.25dB, 20Hz – 20kHz.
- FM: Stereo / Stereo Auto-Blend / Forced-Mono.
- HD Radio™: HD1 through HD8; ‘Split Mode’ delivers L+R FM to the left audio channel and L+R HD1 to the right.
- RDS Fields Displayed
- PS, PI (and call), RT, RT+1, RT+2, PTY, PTYN, C/T, M/S, DI, TP, TA; RDS Block Error Rate, Groups Transmitted (with use statistics), AF, ODA.
- HD PAD Data Displayed
- SIS: Short Name, Universal Name, Station ID, Slogan, Message, Station Location.
- Misc: Service Mode, Codec Mode, TX Gain, TX Blend Control.
- PSD (HD1-HD8, each): Slogan, PTY, Artist, Title, Album; Logo and/or Artist Experience graphics.
- Graphs and Metering
- L, R, L+R and L–R Program Audio; Audio Histogram; RSSI, RF SNR, HD Level and Cd/No levels and histograms.
Program Audio Outputs:
- Balanced Analog (XLR) Left and Right outputs are adjustable from –15dBu to +15dBu in 0.1dB steps.
- AES Digital (XLR) output at 44.1kHz or 48kHz is adjustable from –30dBFS to 0dBFS in 0.1dB steps.
- Headphone Jack (3.5mm TRS) has adjustable listening level.
- Streaming Audio
- MP3 or OGG (selectable) streams have bitrates from 32kbps to 256kbps and sampling rates from 16kHz to 48kHz.
- Audio Loss: Alarm responds to the monitored service (FM or HD Radio). Alarm On/Off thresholds and Time On/Off intervals are programmable.
- Low Signal: Alarm and reset trigger levels are independently adjustable relative to the FM carrier level display and have programmable Time On/Off timings.
- RDS Alarm: Programmable Time On/Off for RDS Loss or PI Error.
- Pilot Loss: Programmable Time On/Off for loss of Stereo Pilot.
- HD Loss: Fixed metrics determine loss of HD Radio reception; programmable Time On/Off.
- Email Alerts: Email or SMS/text-messaging can alert selected personnel to specific alarms.
- Alarm ‘Tallies’: Individual open-collector NPN transistor outputs to ground are programmable for logic polarity and GPO assignment.
- Real-Time Clock
- Auto-sets to Internet time; auto/manual DST setting, battery backup.
Dante®-based, AES67-compatible (selectable) AoIP utility has independent IP, Audio Format and Transmit Flow settings.
LAN connection to local network or Internet provides remote monitoring (listening and SOFIA 568 control); user-programmable network setup and streaming parameters.
12VDC at 450mA; a universal 90-240VAC inline switching power supply is included with the SOFIA 568 SiteStreamer.
An optional rack adapter mounts one or two half-rack modules in a 1U, 19-inch rack space.
Size and Weight
1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs. shipping weight.